Webpage last updated: August 2, 2018. Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
Where: Atlanta, Georgia
When: November 23-27, 2018 (includes travel dates)
November 29-December 3, 2019 (includes travel dates)
Be one of the 1,300 members of America’s 4-H Youth Development Programs to learn new skills in leadership, community service and multi-cultural integration.
During National 4-H Congress, you will:
- attend assemblies and workshops
- participate in discussion groups on today’s issues
- moderate a town hall meeting to share discussion results
- participate in hands-on community service projects
- learn how to work with others to help individuals and organizations in a community improve themselves
- gain networking skills to help address community needs back home
- 4-H members in 10th-12th grade at selection; maximum age 18 as of January 1, of the year of travel
- carry county approval through trip
- youth can attend National Congress only once as a delegate
- Cost is approximately $1,200.
- The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation sponsors a portion of the cost.
- Many county 4-H Youth Development programs provide partial local sponsorships. Check with your county 4-H program.
- The remaining amount is the delegate and his/her family’s responsibility.
- Contact your County 4-H Youth Development Agent about county funding opportunities.
- Registration is open in 4HOnline from May 1-June 1, 2019.
- Check the National 4-H Congress website for a Delegate Handbook and other information. Also be sure to visit and like their Facebook page here.
Several leadership positions are available for delegates to apply for. They are:
- Youth Leadership Team: delegates work with others from across the country and help to lead assemblies, work with Congress staff, and help make Congress run smoothly.
- State Flag Bearer: represents the State on stage during the opening ceremony carrying the State Flag.
- Youth Delegate Advisor: works closely with Wisconsin’s adult advisors to lead nightly meetings and be a role model for other delegates. Position description available here.
- Congress Teen Entertainer: showcases their talent in front of the everyone at a nightly assembly.
2018 National 4-H Congress Program Description (1 page, 231 KB)
2019 National 4-H Congress Promotional Flyer (1 page, 171 KB)