June 7-16 or July 5-14, 2019
About American Spirit East
The American Spirit Experience is a wonderful opportunity to develop knowledge of America’s heritage, citizenship, and leadership. It is also a great opportunity to meet new people, develop leadership and public speaking skills, and travel the east coast.
The program has the following objectives for its participants:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of America’s heritage
- Build awareness of the many steps taken to gain U.S. independence and freedom
- Further develop skills in leadership and personal expression of values
- Increase awareness of self in relationship to others
- Share what was learned with others in your club and county
Featured sites include:
- Valley Forge
- Philadelphia – Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, and more
- New York – Harbor Tour, 9/11 Memorial, Night Tour of New York, Statue of Liberty
- Plimoth Plantation/Plymouth Rock
- Boston – Freedom Trail, Atlantic Ocean
- Whale Watching and Lobster dinner
- Niagara Falls/Old Fort Erie
The State 4-H Office will be facilitating two weeks of American Spirit starting in 2019. Participants must be in 8-10th grades when registering.
Adult advisors must complete the application through 4HOnline in order to be considered. You can find more information on this on our adult advisors page.
Registration will be done through 4HOnline and will open between November 7, 2018 – January 10, 2019. Registration for travel week preference will be done on a first come, first serve basis. There will be a wait list created for each week in case of cancellations. If you need help registering through 4HOnline, please consult this document. You will be sent additional details after registration with more information on American Spirit and the orientation.
Questions? Contact Justin Lieck at 608-263-5971 or email@example.com.