Save the Date: 2017 YPCL Conference
October 27-29, 2017
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center, Wisconsin Dells
Spread the word YPCL Flyer
What is YPCL? The mission of the Youth as Partners in Civic Leadership Conference (YPCL) is to advance youth voice in Wisconsin by increasing the capacity for youth and adults to share civic leadership in local communities, schools and organizations. We advocate for a youth voice and build mentoring, networking and learning opportunities.
Who should attend? Teams of high-school-age youth (ages 14-18) and adults (21 or older) sharing decision-making roles in communities, schools and organizations (19 to 20 year olds are also welcome but should register as adults.) Groups are limited to 10 people with the preferred ratio of 4 youth to one adult.
What’s on the agenda? 17 YPCL Final Schedule
Three steps to register for the 2017 YPCL Conference:
- Complete Team Registration Form– DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
Return Team Registration form ASAP since space is limited; Please email to email@example.com. Also, please identify someone over 21 who volunteers to be added to our list of potential cabin chaperons.
We will confirm scholarship availability by September 25 so you know how much to pay.
- Individual Registration–DEADLINE October 2, 2017: Each team member team (both youth and adults) listed above must complete an individual online registration
- Required forms – DEADLINE: OCTOBER 13, 2017
Youth Forms (Health, Assumption of Risk, Photo Release and Expectation): Youth Forms – Fillable All high school student participants, please register as youth even if you have turned 18.
Adults: After September 6, adults (those out of high school) will complete part of registration through 4-H Online. Follow the 17YPCL Adult Registration Instructions since we are not using all of the 4-H online system. Adults who have not previously been screened will be emailed to complete a background check. If you attended YPCL in 2015 or 2016, you may have a 4-H Online account, in which case you can update your information. Contact Peter Nordin if you need help with 4-H Online.
Adult Forms (Medical, Assumption of Risk, Photo Release and Expectation) are completed in 4-H Online.
Scan, fax or mail completed and signed forms to:
firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax: 608-265-6407; or mail to YPCL, 436 Lowell Hall, 610 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53703
Need ideas to pay for team registration? We put together some Fundraising Ideas for YPCL Teams.
Do you have a workshop to share? 2017 Presentation Proposal Form
Questions? email@example.com or 608-262-1912
Issue and Tactics Sessions led by Youth Groups Working in These Areas …
– Healthy Lifestyles – healthy eating, going green, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention
– Interpersonal Relationships – social media/cyber issues, teen pregnancy, healthy dating relationships
– Diversity/Multicultural Engagement – issues related to race, sexual orientation, gender, immigration status
– Ending Bullying and Youth Violence – gang violence, school to prison pipeline, working for better juvenile justice
– Youth and Adult Power – working together on issues in education and politics
Most of our workshops were led by teams participating in the conference.
Outcomes of recent YPCL Conferences