Camp Counselor Training Weekends 2018:
Saturday March 10th – Sunday March 11th OR
Saturday April 21st – Sunday April 22nd
Camp Counselor training is an excellent opportunity for counselors, adult volunteers, and 4-H staff alike to come together in collaboration to prepare youth to excel in their summer camp counselor role.
This weekend is applicable for both beginning counselors (as participants),experienced counselors (as leaders), adult volunteers, and 4-H staff. A variety of opportunities exist at Counselor Training Weekend:
- Opportunities to lead training sessions as a presenter
- Counselors participate in training that builds confidence and provides youth development strategies to be successful with campers
- Tracked training modules:
- sessions for counselors
- sessions for adult volunteers
- allocated time for 4-H staff collaboration
Where: Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center
Map and Directions to Upham Woods: https://fyi.uwex.edu/uphamwoods/about-us/map-directions/
When: March 10-11 or April 21-22, 2018
- All participants and adult volunteers arrive Saturday morning
- Check-in: Begins at 9:15am on Saturday for participants and adult chaperones
Lodging: Participants and adult chaperones will stay in cabins on Saturday night
- Lodging is available Friday night at no additional cost
Meals: Meals are part of the conference fee and start at lunch on Saturday through lunch on Sunday.
Schedule: Training activities run Saturday all day and evening through Sunday afternoon, with a closing ceremony at 1:30 pm. The schedule is not yet available. Finalized schedule will be available on this page and distributed to participants.
Cost: $25 per Counselor Participant
Registration: Registration is open now in 4-H Online, “Upham Woods Camp Counselor Training 2018.” Choose the March or April session.
Call for Presenters: If you are interested in presenting, please complete the Counselor Training Session Proposal form and send to Max Myers, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Experienced counselors can lead a session and build public speaking and leadership skills. This opportunity is open to all experienced counselors, whether your group camps at Upham Woods or elsewhere. Presentation spots are also open to adult volunteers and 4-H staff.
- Counselors interested in presenting please contact Max Myers, Program Director: email@example.com
- If you are an adult volunteer or 4-H staff please contact Max Myers, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org