What are the expectations for my child and how will they stay safe? – Review our orientation information that will cover our expectations of youth and adults as well as safety information.
- If your child is attending camp, please review our youth expectations (not required to sign and return)
- If you are attending as an adult chaperone, please review our adult expectations
What should I bring? – see a sample packing list
How do I get to Upham Woods? – plan your trip out here
Located just 2 miles north of Wisconsin Dells, Upham Woods is 310 acres of beautiful mixed deciduous/coniferous forests and sandstone formations right on the Wisconsin River.
Whether your child has never been to Upham Woods, or wants another chance for an amazing Upham Woods camp experience, we’re here to make a memorable summer.
Why go to camp?
Studies have shown that going to summer camp helps youth grow in areas such as self-confidence, independence, making friends, exploring and learning new activities. Even for a short time period, time spent at camp can benefit a child all the way through adulthood. To read some studies highlighting the benefits of camp click on this link.
Give the Gift of Summer Camp!
The perfect gift for the kid that has everything or the child in your life that craves an adventurous outdoor experience! Download this certificate to present your child, grandchild, friend, or neighbor with the best gift of all: The Upham Woods Summer Camp Experience!
Open Enrollment Summer Camp 2018
Come spend some amazing days at Upham Woods! Whether canoeing, ecology exploration, or singing around a campfire your child is sure to have a blast. Scroll through all of our camp information below or download our information here: Camp Packet. To see some of the activities your child might participate in at Upham Woods, click here
- Session 1: Friday, June 15th – Monday, June 18th, 2018
- Arrival: 2:30pm-3:30pm on Friday, June 15th.
- Departure/Pick up: 11:00am on Monday, June 18th.
Campers learn about the natural world, themselves and each other in our traditional summer camp program. Camp activities include hiking, canoeing, archery, swimming, our low element challenge course, and so much more. The traditions of summer camp and unique qualities of Upham Woods combine for an unforgettable experiences.
- Camper Registration is open now!
- Session 2: Sunday, August 5th – Saturday, August 11th, 2018
- Arrival 3:00pm-4:00pm on Sunday, Aug. 5th
- Departure/Pick up: 10:30am- 11:00am on Saturday, Aug. 11th
Experience one FULL week of camp at Upham Woods! More information on themes and activities to come!
- Camper Registration is open now!
- Consider volunteering as a youth counselor or adult leader!
- Who can come to camp:
- Campers currently in 3rd – 6th grade
- Youth Counselors needed age 14-18, must be enrolled in 4-H.
- Adult volunteers. We are seeking adult volunteers, who are currently enrolled as 4-H volunteers or are interested in doing so, who want to help provide a safe and memorable camp experience for youth.
- Youth Counselors (age 14+) and Adult volunteers needed for both sessions.
- June Session: $180/camper, $30/counselor, Adult volunteers attend at no cost.
- August Session: $400/camper, $30/counselor, Adult volunteers attend at no cost.
- Financial Aid Application
- How do I sign up?:
Attention Youth Counselors:
If you are 14-18 years old, in 4-H, and want to help provide an amazing camp experience we’re looking for you! To make this fantastic summer camp possible we need camp counselors who want to expand their leadership skills, build their resume, and spend time in the beautiful outdoors while providing a great experience for the campers. If you are interested, please sign up at 4-H Online as well as fill out the Camp Counselor Application Form. Any interested counselors must attend a summer camp counselor training with their county or with Upham Woods. Limited spots available so make sure Upham Woods is in your summer plans! Click here to learn about the value of being a counselor.
Attention Adult Volunteers:
If you are over 18 years of age and would like to help make camp great then Upham Woods could use your expertise! Take the opportunity to attend camp with your child, 4-H club, scout troop, youth group, or anything else! Any interested volunteers can register on 4-H online.
Adult Volunteers attend Open Enrollment Camp at Upham Woods for NO cost!
Adult volunteers must be a registered 4-H volunteer.
While camp is immensely beneficial to youth, we’re aware that price can be an issue. As such, we have a limited amount of scholarships available to help offset the cost. Please contact Max Myers at Max.Myers@ces.uwex.edu or give us a call at (608) 254-6461 to discuss further steps if you are interested.
Questions? Contact Program Director Max Myers at Max.Myers@ces.uwex.edu or give us a call at (608) 254-6461