Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center is a residential facility operated by the University of Wisconsin-Extension and located on the beautiful Wisconsin River, two miles north of Wisconsin Dells. The site consists of 14 buildings that supply lodging, meals and environmental education resources year round for youth and youth leaders. The center rests on 310 acres of forested land including Blackhawk Island, a 210-acre designated State Natural Area. This wooded property is considered one of the few remaining “old growth” natural areas of the state. The rock cliffs, shady canyons, caves and sandy beaches feature a variety of flora, fauna and unique geologic and cultural history.
Currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Research Naturalist Program Coordinator
The Upham Woods Research Naturalist Program Coordinator’s will support the Director of Upham Woods, providing programmatic instructional support (50%) and ensuring the Center operates it’s technology and research program in an efficient manner (50%).
Primary Duties/Essential Job Functions:
50% Program Instructional Support
- Prepare for and teach Upham Woods classes using effective educational methods, center class guidelines and overall format. Make adjustments to class content, length, focus, etc. as needed based upon audience, clientele needs, environmental concerns, etc.
- Mentor and help train programmatic personnel
- Facilitate off-site outreach programs to local youth-serving organizations occasionally
- Coordinate on-site service learning projects
- Maintain an inventory of program equipment and recommend purchases when needed
- Serve as a lifeguard as required in waterfront programming
- Provide evening and weekend on-call schedule coverage
50% Technology and Research Coordination Duties
- Inspect and prepare technology kits for use in instruction and outreach
- Communicate and coordinate outreach activities with partners, including scheduling
- Initiate and process evaluation materials for reporting and grant related research tasks
- Contribute to technology based and research curriculum development
- Train staff and partners on research protocol and methods for using technology effectively in the field
Applications must be submitted through the UW Extension Job Board.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Justin Hougham, email@example.com
For more information on each position please see the links below:
E-mail your cover letter, resumè and three references to:
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center
N194 County Road N
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
(608) 254-6461 x202