Naturalist Spotlight: Quinn Bukouricz

Greetings! My name is Quinn Bukouricz and I am a teaching naturalist at Upham Woods. I am from Luxemburg, WI located 20 minutes east of Green Bay and 10 minutes from beautiful Lake Michigan. As a child/young adult, I spend lots of my time outdoors in my backyard and on my grandparents’ farm. Through these experiences I developed an interest in the natural world and how it came to be, and as a result I attended St. Norbert College in De Pere, WI and graduated in 2016 with a Bachelor of Science in Geology.

My interest in the educational field came at St. Norbert College when I took a few teaching methods classes. These classes taught me to convey the knowledge that I have to others, with most of that knowledge being of the natural world around us. Educating others about the environment is super crucial so that we can all understand what is happening to Earth and how to best curb our own footprint. At Upham, I get to do both of these things, along with engaging youth in the outdoors and hopefully sparking their interest in the natural world. In the future I hope to be a professor of geology and continue to learn, research, and teach people about the natural world that surrounds us.