- Work with food service staff to bring local foods into the lunchroom
- Create a strong network of Farm to School supporters, including school districts, school staff, farmers, parents, and the community
- Recruit volunteers to increase Farm to School efforts
- Build relationships with teachers and school administrators
- Assist with creating and implementing healthy food curricula, school gardens, classroom lessons, and field trips
- Encourage children to try new foods, regularly eat healthy foods, and learn the importance of local foods in our community
Coalition Members also include:
- Jim Degan, Janesville Manager of School Nutrition
- Chris Blakeney, Vegetable producer at Amazing Grace Family Farm
- Sheila DeForest, UW-Extension Nutrition Program Coordinator
- Stephanie Aegerter, Janesville Farmers Market
- Cathy Myers, Janesville School Board Member
- Parkview School District School Nutrition Staff
- Beloit School District
- John Ramstad, Community Action Inc.
Check out the 2014-2015 Rock County Coalition Goals.