Private Applicator Training

County Private Applicator Training / Review Sessions

Do you plan on using a Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) AND produce an agricultural commodity on your property or your employers property?  If both this is correct, then you are a Private Applicator.  Private Applicators can get certified in three categories, General Farm, Fruits Crops or Greenhouse & Nursery.

As a Private Applicator you have to receive training and certification to apply RUPs.  If you are not going to be using any RUPs then you are off the hook.  To receive training and certification, purchase and study the Private Applicator Training manual from your County Extension office and do one of the two options below:

1) Go to your County Extension office and take the test for certification or,

2) Go to a training offered by your County Extension Office and then do the test at the end of the training.

Simple enough, now how do I get into one of those training?  Simply by contacting your County Extension Office to register.  Below is a list of training at the counties in Wisconsin or you can go to the PAT Program Events Calendar on the right.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact the PAT Program or your County Extension Office.  If you wish to contact your County Extension Office directly, the following link will take you to a listing of county web pages []


The 2018 Private Applicator training schedule will be coming this winter. Most training for Private Applicators at your County Extension Office occur in the months January, February, March and April.

ColumbiaJanuary 23, February 8 and March 8 – Columbia County Extension will be holding three Private Applicator Training Sessions. Jan 23 at the Otsego Town Hall, Otsego and Feb 8, March 8 at the Columbia Administration Building, Room 113, Portage.  Contact the Columbia County Extension office for registration and details. (608) 742-9687.

Crawford and VernonFebruary 5, 9 and March 5 – A Private Applicator Training and test will be held in Vernon County for both Vernon and Crawford counties at the Viroqua Medical office Building (North side of the Vernon Memorial Hospital). Please contact the Vernon County Extension office for registration and details.  (608) 637-5276.

DodgeFebruary 1 and March 7 – Dodge County Extension Office. Contact the Dodge County Extension Office for registration and details. (920) 386-3790

Fond du LacFebruary 13 and March 15 – Fond du Lac County Extension Office.  Contact the Fond du Lac County Extension Office for Registration and details.  (920) 929-3170

PortageFebruary 9, March 2 and 16 – Portage County Extension Office.  Contact the Portage County Extension Office for Registration. (715) 346-1316

WaupacaFebruary 27 and March 1 – Waupaca will be holding a Private Applicator Training Feb 27 at the Waupaca County Court House and on March 1 at the Manawa City Hall.  You must preregister after Jan 2nd to attend. Contact the Waupaca County Extension Office to register. (715) 258-2087