University of Wisconsin Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training / Review
For information about a training, such as directions and times please click the appropriate training. Walk-ins will not be allowed: pre-registration is required. Failure to pre-register may result in not getting the test or a seat and a very grumpy ride home. Live training/review sessions are supplemental and are not required to take the test at a DATCP testing center. To register for any of the live training / reviews below, please go to the PAT Store.
Registration will be available in the Fall.
Category 1.1 – Field & Vegetable Crops
February 15 – Oshkosh – La Sure’s Banquet Hall
March 1 – Eau Claire – The Metropolis Resort
March 15 – Oconomowoc – Olympia Resort
March 29 – Arlington – Arlington Research Station
Category 2.0 – Forestry
January 25 – Merrill – Lincoln County Extension Office
May 10 – Phillips – Price County Extension Office
Category 3.0 – Turf and Landscape
March 7 – Oconomowoc – Olympia Resort
March 14 – Eau Claire – Metropolis Resort
March 21 – Oconomowoc – Olympia Resort
March 28 – Arlington – Arlington Research Station
April 11 – Green Bay – Comfort Suites Rock Garden
April 18 – Oconomowoc – Olympia Resort
Category 3.1 / 104 / 105 – Greenhouse and Nursery
January 18 – Waukesha – Waukesha County Extension Office
Category 5.0 – Aquatic & Mosquito
February 22 – Madison – Dane County Extension Office
Category 6.0 – Right-of-Way
January 18 – Madison – Dane County Extension Office
April 12 – Milwaukee – Town of Lake Water Tower
Category 7.1 – Structural
February 13 – Wisconsin Dells – Kalahari Resort; in association with the WPCA Spring Training (Not included in WPCA registration)
April 26 – Milwaukee – town of Lake Water Tower
Registration: Preregistration and a $30 fee are required to attend a training session. Walk-ins will neither be allowed nor the certification exam be administered to individuals who have not preregistered. Preregistration to attend a training session is valid only if you already have your copy of the current training manual with intact Training Registration Form or you order your manual at the same time you preregister.
When to Preregister: To preregister for a training session ($30 fee) and to receive your training manual ($47 fee), please do so before the deadline date listed for your training session (see specific training session). If your preregistration arrives after the deadline, we may still be able to preregister you but only if: 1) space is available at the site and, 2) we are able to guarantee delivery of your manual in advance of your session.
How to Preregister: You have two options:
1) Go online at the PAT Store and pay by credit card. Paying by credit card is available ONLY online; we CANNOT accept credit card orders over the phone due to security reasons.
2) Fill out the Commercial Applicator Training registration form. Please fill out the form and mail back to the PAT program.
Make check payable to: University of Wisconsin-Extension
Mail check and form to:
Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT)
Department of Agronomy
1575 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1597
Delivery: Within 3 business days after we receive your online credit card order or your form and check in the mail, your manual will be delivered to the address that you provided by UPS.
Training Session Confirmation: If you ordered your training session with your manual, you will receive a receipt with directions to the training session with your manual. If you ordered your training session alone, we will mail your receipt with directions when we receive the order. Clicking the specific training session will also provide directions.
Training Sessions & Fees:
- Training is designed for initial certification; however, recertifying applicators may also find it useful.
- Training sessions DO NOT replace the need to read, study, or learn the information in the training manual. Training sessions act as a review before the test.
- Sessions begin at 8:15 a.m. and conclude around 2 p.m. (some sessions end earlier some later)
- The certification exam is given immediately after the training session has completed.
- The $30 training session fee is paid for each session you preregister to attend.
- The training session fee is nonrefundable; however, if you cannot attend but you contact our office at least one day before the session is held, the fee is either transferable to another person you name and / or held credit to attend a future session.