Stress is a natural part of every day life and can be helpful and motivating. However, how much stress is too much? How can managing our stress improve our parenting and family relationships?
Read the fact sheet:
- Harvard University Center on the Developing Child. (n.d.). Toxic Stress. Retrieved from http://developingchild.harvard.edu/index.php/key_concepts/toxic_stress_response/
- American Psychological Association. (2013). Stress in America Survey Findings 2013. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/2013/stress-report.pdf
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Stress in America Survey Findings 2010. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/2010/national-report.pdf
- Middlebrooks, J.S. & Audage, N.C. (2008). The Effects of Childhood Stress Across the Lifespan. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/pub-res/pdf/Childhood_Stress.pdf
- University of Missouri. Guided Mindfulness Center Mindfulness Practices. Retrieved from https://www.umsystem.edu/curators/mindfulness/guided