Contact: Francisco Arriaga, (608) 263-3319, email@example.com
The University of Wisconsin-Extension in conjunction with UW-Madison Department of Soil Science will conduct eight Soil, Water and Nutrient Management Meetings Nov. 29 – Dec. 5, 2017 around the state to provide research updates in the field of soil management, fertility, and nutrient management.
– Building soil organic matter
– Principles of nitrogen use efficiency
– Cover crop research update
– The value of crop residues
– Cover crop survey results
– Wisconsin nutrient management update
– Machinery movement for efficient forage harvest and maintaining soil health
Speakers include Matt Ruark, UW-Extension soil specialist at UW-Madison; Francisco Arriaga, UW-Extension soil specialist at UW-Madison; Brian Luck, UW-Extension bio systems specialist at UW-Madison; and Sue Porter, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
Meetings will be either mornings from 8:30-11 a.m., with breakfast at 8 a.m. OR afternoons from 1:30-4 p.m. with lunch at 1 p.m. Registration fees are $35, which includes meals and materials. Certified Crop Adviser CEU credits (1.0 NM and 2.0 SW) have been requested.
Organizers request participants to pre-register with the host agent at least one week before the meeting they wish to attend.
The schedule for the meetings is:
– Nov. 29, 1:30-4 p.m.: DeForest at Comfort Inn, 5025 County Hwy V. Contact: Heidi Johnson, UW-Extension Dane County at 608-224-3716. Please register online at fyi.uwex.edu/danecountyag/upcoming-ag-programs/
– Nov. 30, 8:30-11 a.m.: Eau Claire at 29 Pines Family Restaurant-Sleep Inn, 5872 33rd Ave. Contact: Mark Hagedorn, UW-Extension Eau Claire County, 227 First St., Altoona, WI 54720; 715-839-4712.
– Nov. 30, 1:30-4 p.m.: Sparta at Jake’s Northwoods, 1132 Angelo Rd., Hwy 21. Contact: Bill Halfman, UW-Extension Monroe County, 14345 Co. Hwy B, Rm. 1, Sparta, WI 54656; 608-269-8722.
– Dec. 1, 8:30-11 a.m.: Dodgeville at Iowa County Health and Human Services Bldg., 303 W. Chapel St. Contact: Gene Schriefer, UW-Extension Iowa County, 303 W. Chapel St., Ste. 1200, Dodgeville, WI 53533; 608-930-9850.
– Dec. 4, 8:30-11 a.m.: Juneau at Dodge County Admin Bldg., 127 Oak St. Contact: Loretta Ortiz-Ribbing, UW-Extension Dodge County, Admin Bldg. 127 Oak St., Juneau, WI 53039; 920-386-3790.
– Dec. 4, 1:30-4 p.m.: Kiel at Millhome Super Club, 3 miles East on Hwy. 57/31. Contact: Mike Ballweg, UW-Extension Sheboygan County, 5 University Dr., Sheboygan, WI 53081; 920-459-5904.
– Dec. 5, 8:30-11 a.m.: Cecil at The Main Event, 206 North Lemke St. Contact: Jamie Patton, UW-Extension Shawano County, Courthouse, Rm. 101, 311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166; 715-526-6136.
– Dec. 5, 1:30-4 p.m.: Marshfield at Marshfield Ag Research Station Auditorium, 2611 Yellowstone Dr. Contact: Alana Voss, UW-Extension Adams County, 569 N. Cedar St. Ste. 3, Adams, WI 53910; 608-339-4237 – or – Richard Halopka, UW-Extension Clark County, 517 Court St., Rm. 301, Neillsville, WI 54456; 715-743-5148.