Contact: Joy Kirkpatrick, Outreach Specialist, 608-263-3485, Joy.firstname.lastname@example.org
A webinar entitled “Long Term Care: Planning for My Future Needs” will be held Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017, at various University of Wisconsin-Extension offices across Wisconsin. This webinar is the sixth in a series of webinars from UW-Extension that will focus on a variety of farm succession topics. This two-hour webinar begins at 1 p.m.
Farm business owners looking to the future of their farming operations have many issues to consider. Succession planning includes planning for the owner generation’s later years; business planning to ensure the operation has financial capacity; developing the successor’s management skills; and estate and tax planning.
One important planning step that can be overlooked or may be avoided because it’s an uncomfortable topic is planning for long term care needs. Careful consideration of your goals and the options available is important to develop the right plan for care in your later years.
This webinar is for both the owner and successor generations to learn about long term care options and how to evaluate long term care insurance. Steve Shapiro, a Medigap Insurance Counselor for the State of Wisconsin, Medigap Helpline, will lead the webinar and topics include:
- What is Long Term Care?
- What is the definition of Long Term Care?
- When do I need Long Term Care?
- What are the costs of Long Term Care and who pays for Long Term Care?
- Medicare vs Long Term Care Insurance.
- Types of Long Term Care Insurance / Philosophy of need for LTCI.
- Long Term Care insurance Consumer protections and purchase scenarios.
- Long Term Care Insurance Costs and Benefits / Alternative resources.
The following UW-Extension offices are hosting this webinar. Please contact the local office for more information and location of the webinar nearest you.
- Appleton, contact UW-Extension Outagamie County – 920-832-5121
- Baldwin, contact UW-Extension St. Croix County – 715-531-1930
- Black River Falls, contact UW-Extension Jackson County – 715-284-4257
- Chippewa Falls, contact UW-Extension Chippewa County – 715-726-7950
- Durand, contact UW-Extension Pepin County – 715-672-5214
- Green Bay, contact UW-Extension Brown County – 920-391-4610
- Janesville, contact UW-Extension Rock County – 608-757-5696
- Juneau, contact UW-Extension Dodge County – 920-386-3790
- Kewanee, contact UW-Extension Kewanee County – 920-388-7137
- Medford, contact UW-Extension Taylor County – 715-748-3327 ext. 1
- Menomonie, contact UW-Extension Dunn County – 715-232-1636
- Merrill, contact UW-Extension Lincoln County – 715-539-1078
- Montello, contact UW-Extension Marquette County – 608-297-3136
- Oconto, contact UW-Extension Oconto County – 920-834-6845
- Portage, contact UW-Extension Columbia County – 608-742-9687
- Sparta, contact UW-Extension Monroe County – 608-269-8722
- Spooner, contact UW-Extension Washburn County – 715-635-4444
- Sturgeon Bay, contact UW-Extension Door County – 920-746-2260
- Superior, contact UW-Extension Douglas County – 715-395-1363
- Waukesha, contact UW-Extension Waukesha County – 262-548-7700
- Waupaca, contact UW-Extension Waupaca County – 715-258-6231
- Wausau, contact UW-Extension Marathon County – 715-261-1230
- Wautoma, contact UW-Extension Waushara County – 920-787-0416
The webinar series will end on March 23 with our final presentation entitled – Medicaid Eligibility and Recovery – Anthony Schmoldt, Attorney, Schmoldt Law Office (1-3 p.m.)