- No width limitations when operated or towed but additional width requirements when trailered.
- Additional lighting and marking requirements for wide IoH were effective November 1, 2015.
- Also applies for IoH being operated, towed or trailered for delivery, service, or repair by dealer or farmer within 75-mile radius of business or farm.
- No height limitations for IoH operating or towed on any highway or when trailered..
- Operator of IoH remains responsible for ensuring safe clearance of any overhead obstructions.
For vehicles or vehicle combinations that exceed these length limits, a No Fee Permit may be available.
- Single Vehicle maximum length is 60 feet.
- 2 vehicle combination (one towed IoH unit drawn by an IoH power unit) has a maximum length of 100 feet.
- 3 vehicle combination or agricultural trains– two towed IoH units and power unit.
- No more than 100 feet with speed restriction of 25 mph or less or 70 feet at a speed greater than 25 mph.
- Towed IoH units being drawn by a motor truck, truck tractor, or agricultural commercial motor vehicle (Ag CMV) must be empty. “Empty” means less than 20% full.
- Additional lighting and marking requirements apply on agricultural trains.
Exception: Irrigation System
There is no length limit for an irrigation system being towed by a farm tractor, farm truck, farm truck tractor or motor truck temporarily operated upon a highway. [s. 348.07(2)(e)3 Wis. Stats.]