Are you a manager or leader? What’s the difference between the two? Do you want to rally and engage your employees for better performance or do you just want to tell them what to do? Managers and leaders have a place in farm human resource management, it just depends on what your goals are.
This module will address the following key questions:
- How can leadership be exercised?
- What are the benefits of great leadership?
- What is/are the best ways to exercise leadership in the context of a/your farm?
- How are you exercising leadership on your farm?
- How can you improve and build your leadership skills?
- Review the role of leadership in human resource management.
- Discuss different leadership styles and applications on farms.
- Identify their own preferred leadership style/s.
- Learn which style is best applied in different employee management situations.
Module Facilitator’s Guide
Activity #1 - The Meaning of Leadership
Activity #3 - Leadership in Action
Activity #4 - Leadership Learning
Activity handouts are listed above.
- “Leadership That Gets Results” – Daniel Goleman (PDF, 2.57MB)