- Zoning Board of Appeals Workshop – Monday, March 6, 2017, 5:30pm – 8:30pm @ Fox Crossing Community Center. Click here for the brochure for registration and agenda details. You may also purchase the Zoning Board Handbook or Plan Commissioner Handbook when you register (details in the brochure). This workshop will provide information about the reasons behind zoning and legal standards applicable to zoning board decisions. Who Should Attend? Zoning board members with varying levels of experience, and other people interested in zoning
- Currently I do not have any Plan Commissioner Network meetings scheduled for 2017
- I will be coordinating a Plan Commissioner Basics workshop later this spring with the Center for Land Use Education. Please stay tuned.
- New Land Use Megatrends is available! In this edition of Megatrends, we address issues of the impact of transportation on individuals, businesses, communities, the environment and the state by taking a closer look at statewide land use and transportation trends. We provide a timeline of Wisconsin’s transportation history and discuss how people and goods move around, how different users rely on the transportation system, and the impact of transportation on the economy, environment, and human health. Through case studies, we examine how land use and transportation policies can be used to shape local communities. Lastly, we look at emerging trends likely to take hold in the future. http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr-ap/clue/Pages/publications-resources/LandUseMegatrends.aspx
- Be sure to check out the Local Land Use, Planning and Zoning Wisline teleconferences. Here is the link to the brochure. The next topic in February is “Insights on Recent Changes to Wisconsin Land Use Law.”