Fall is coming into the Wisconsin weather fold slowly cooling down temperatures and spreading heavy rain. This weather is still helping the summer crops thrive up until the end of their growing season. Our extension agent’s are still seeing many questions regarding weed identification and a lessening of Japanese Beetles in the late season. Join Chrissy Wen today as she hosts Chris Hartleb a PhD of fisheries, who is giving a presentation on Wisconsin’s growing aquaponic industry.
County Reports (00:15)
Specialists Reports (6:28)
Brian Hudelson, UW-Madison/Extension Plant Disease Diagnostics Clinic
Special Guest: (23:35) Christopher Hartleb, Ph.D. the Professor of Fisheries Biology at UW-Stevens Point and the Director of the Northern Aquaculture Demonstration Facility & Aquaponics Innovation Center
- Door County: September 9th, a tour of the Peninsular Agricultural Research Station. Christelle Guedot will be making a presentation at this event.
- Portage County Fair is Labor day weekend from September 1st to the 4th. Stop on by if you are in the region!
- Julie Dawson will be at the Spooner research station on the 30th to discuss some of her work like seed to kitchen and many other areas of her work
Download the link 2016/08/26 10:34:32, or listen to it in the pop out box by clicking play.
- For PC’s, right click on “Download”, select “Save Link As. . .” and choose a location on your computer to save the file.
- For Mac’s, Ctrl+click on “Download”, select “Save Link As. . .” and choose a location on your computer to save the file.
- Follow the link to the UW – Stevens Point aquaponics program.
- Check out this recent article about Aquaponics on page 15 in Growing Wisconsin, published in partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- Chris has provided more links of journal articles for people interested in the growing Aquaponics industry! Check them out below: