Wisconsin’s weather lately has made it a marvelous home for great plant growth, from crops to invasive species. This allows for insect pests like the Japanese Beetles and Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs to having record years gaining traction in our state. Keep an eye out for these and other pests in your garden coming into the end of the summer. Join PJ Liesch as host as Claire Strader gives an informational presentation on cover crops and how to optimize their use in the garden.
County Reports (00:22)
Specialists Reports (9:35)
Special Guest: (28:20) Claire Strader Extension Small Scale & Organic Produce Educator
- Horticulture Speaker Symposium from 1-3:30 pm indoors at the Spooner Station auditorium the
18th Annual Twilight Garden Tour will follow 4 pm-dusk outside in our Teaching and Display Gardens.
Open to the public… Free no charge.
Check out their Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/spoonerag/ and/or website http://spooner.ars.wisc.edu/
- On August 30th Julie Dawson will speak to the Market Grower audience talking and tasting about her seed to shep variety vegetable trialing.
- The South-East Wisconsin master gardeners will be at the State Fair in the DNR natural resources park at the model backyard. So stop in and see the display until the 14th!
Download the link 2016/08/05 10:47:04, or listen to it in the pop out box by clicking play.
- For PC’s, right click on “Download”, select “Save Link As. . .” and choose a location on your computer to save the file.
- For Mac’s, Ctrl+click on “Download”, select “Save Link As. . .” and choose a location on your computer to save the file.