Another great week of weather in Wisconsin! This brings up many reportings of the invasive Japanese Beetle, and a confirmed report of Brown Marmorated Stinkbugs in Dane county make naturalists a little worried. Other than this growth has been good and fungi pathogens have been less present other than wilt. Join us this week as host Erin LaFaive talks with Chris Williamson about Pollinators and how our incorrect use of pesticides is slowly wiping them out. If you’re in the area come check out Farm Technology Days this week!
County Reports (00:12)
Specialists Reports (6:15)
Special Guest: (21:00) Chris Williamson – Mitigating Risks of Pollinators to Pesticides in Turf and Ornamental Plants
- Farm Tech Days!!!! This event will be held July 19th- 21st in Lake Geneva. Come meet many of our specialists and other professionals at this event.
- Invasive plant monitoring workshop on August 5th, held from 8:30 to noon in the UW-Extension office. This will be free and will teach invasive plant identification, monitoring, and the technology (Invasive Species Management Track) they are attempting to roll out.
- Urban Forestry Workshops coming out this fall in September, keep your eyes open for that.
- Download the link 2016/07/15 10:26:58 , or listen to it in the pop out box by clicking play.
- For PC’s, right click on “Download”, select “Save Link As. . .” and choose a location on your computer to save the file.
- For Mac’s, Ctrl+click on “Download”, select “Save Link As. . .” and choose a location on your computer to save the file.
- Check out Chris’ lab page about the current research they are performing!
- Also look over his page from the Department of Entomology.
- Farm Technology days is coming up July 19th-21st. Come visit us in Walworth county and see what’s happening in recent Farm tech.