You have several options for reporting invasive species. If you have a smartphone or tablet, the easiest option is to use the Great Lakes Early Detection Network (GLEDN) app. No smartphone? You can still submit reports through the EDDMapS website. You can also email WIFDN or submit reports to WI DNR. Read on to pick the best option for you!
Report with GLEDN app
The GLEDN app allows you to map and report invasive species infestations with your smartphone or tablet. Your reports will be added to EDDMapS, a national database of invasive species reports.
- Download the app
- Guide to getting started and using the app: GLEDN App Guide
- GLEDN video tutorials
- Join the GLEDN Monthly Challenge!
Report on EDDMapS website
If you don’t have a smartphone or tablet, you can still submit reports via the EDDMapS website. After registering for an account, click on “Report Sightings” to submit your report.
- Learn how to explore invasive species data and manage your GLEDN and EDDMapS reports in this EDDMapS Tutorial video.
If you submit a report via email to WIFDN be sure to include:
- location of species and approximate size of infestation (# of individuals, area covered, etc.)
- photos of the invasive species
- your contact information
Email WIFDN at WIFDNcoordinator@gmail.com
Report to DNR
To report an invasive species to the DNR, please visit their website and follow the instructions.