What is YPCL?
The mission of the Youth as Partners in Civic Leadership Conference (YPCL) is to advance youth voice in Wisconsin by increasing the capacity for youth and adults to share civic leadership in local communities, schools and organizations. We advocate for a youth voice and build mentoring, networking and learning opportunities.
2015 YPCL Conference: Unite the Fight to Make Things Right
November 13-15, 2015, Camp Upham Woods, Wisconsin Dells
Who should attend?
Teams of high-school-age youth (ages 14-18) and adults (21 or older) sharing decision-making roles in communities, schools and organizations. Groups are limited to 10 people with a preferred ratio of four youth to each adult.
Issue and Tactics Sessions led by Youth Groups Working in These Areas …
- Healthy Lifestyles – healthy eating, going green, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention
- Interpersonal Relationships – social media/cyber issues, teen pregnancy, healthy dating relationships
- Diversity/Multicultural Engagement – issues related to race, sexual orientation, gender, immigration status
- Ending Bullying and Youth Violence – gang violence, school to prison pipeline, working for better juvenile justice
- Youth and Adult Power – working together on issues in education and politics
Most of our workshops are led by teams participating in the conference
Fall 2015 Conference — Registration opens September 2015
Interested in presenting a workshop? Here is the Presentation Proposal Form
Outcomes of recent YPCL Conferences