2016 YPCL Conference: Our Voice is Our Power
November 11-13, 2016,
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center, Wisconsin Dells
What is YPCL? The mission of the Youth as Partners in Civic Leadership Conference (YPCL) is to advance youth voice in Wisconsin by increasing the capacity for youth and adults to share civic leadership in local communities, schools and organizations. We advocate for a youth voice and build mentoring, networking and learning opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Teams of high-school-age youth (ages 14-18) and adults (21 or older) sharing decision-making roles in communities, schools and organizations (19 to 20 year olds are also welcome but should register as adults.) Groups are limited to 10 people with the preferred ratio of 4 youth to one adult.
Three steps to register for the 2016 YPCL Conference:
- Complete Team Registration Form – DEADLINE: OCTOBER 3, 2016
Return Team Registration form ASAP since space is limited; Please email to email@example.com.
Team Registration Form (fillable pdf)
- Individual Registration Form (for both youth and adults) – DEADLINE: OCTOBER 10, 2016
Each team member must complete an individual registration form online at:
- Youth only: Then collect youth forms – DEADLINE: OCTOBER 24, 2016
Youth Forms (please email all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 608-265-6407)
- Adults only: All adults staying overnight must also register as a volunteer–which includes a screening process. Please complete ASAP IF YOU ARE 19 and over, since this takes several weeks.
- Go to: wi.4honline.com
- Check: Set up a profile
- Choose as county “z-state” since you are not joining a county 4-H program.
- Role: Family
- Then on the Member List screen, under Add a New Family Member, check: Adult and complete the online forms. You do not need to select any projects or groups.
Questions? email@example.com or 608-262-1912
Issue and Tactics Sessions led by Youth Groups Working in These Areas …
– Healthy Lifestyles – healthy eating, going green, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention
– Interpersonal Relationships – social media/cyber issues, teen pregnancy, healthy dating relationships
– Diversity/Multicultural Engagement – issues related to race, sexual orientation, gender, immigration status
– Ending Bullying and Youth Violence – gang violence, school to prison pipeline, working for better juvenile justice
– Youth and Adult Power – working together on issues in education and politics
Most of our workshops were led by teams participating in the conference.
Outcomes of recent YPCL Conferences