What is YPCL?
The mission of the Youth as Partners in Civic Leadership Conference (YPCL) is to advance youth voice in Wisconsin by increasing the capacity for youth and adults to share civic leadership in local communities, schools and organizations. We advocate for a youth voice and build mentoring, networking and learning opportunities.
2016 YPCL Conference: Our Voice is Our Power
November 11-13, 2016, Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center, Wisconsin Dells
Calling all artists… 2016 YPCL Logo Competition Theme: Our Voice is Our Power Deadline May 1, submit as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org Prize: Free registration at the YPCL Conference if your design is selected—and it will appear on conference materials and t-shirts. Designs may be edited to fit required formats. The Conference will be held November 11-13 at Camp Upham woods.
For inspiration, here are the themes and logos from past years:
2015 YPCL program draft
Who should attend?
Teams of high-school-age youth (ages 14-18) and adults (21 or older) sharing decision-making roles in communities, schools and organizations. Groups are limited to 10 people with a preferred ratio of four youth to each adult.
Issue and Tactics Sessions led by Youth Groups Working in These Areas …
- Healthy Lifestyles – healthy eating, going green, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention
- Interpersonal Relationships – social media/cyber issues, teen pregnancy, healthy dating relationships
- Diversity/Multicultural Engagement – issues related to race, sexual orientation, gender, immigration status
- Ending Bullying and Youth Violence – gang violence, school to prison pipeline, working for better juvenile justice
- Youth and Adult Power – working together on issues in education and politics
Most of our workshops are led by teams participating in the conference
Team Registration Form – Due October 2nd along with individual Member forms for your team
Team Member Individual Registration Form – Return to Team Leader
Registration Announcement – printable flyer
Outcomes of recent YPCL Conferences