Save the Date: 2017 YPCL Conference
October 27-29, 2017
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center, Wisconsin Dells
Spread the word YPCL Flyer
What is YPCL? The mission of the Youth as Partners in Civic Leadership Conference (YPCL) is to advance youth voice in Wisconsin by increasing the capacity for youth and adults to share civic leadership in local communities, schools and organizations. We advocate for a youth voice and build mentoring, networking and learning opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Teams of high-school-age youth (ages 14-18) and adults (21 or older) sharing decision-making roles in communities, schools and organizations (19 to 20 year olds are also welcome but should register as adults.) Groups are limited to 10 people with the preferred ratio of 4 youth to one adult.
Do you have a workshop to share? 2017 Presentation Proposal Form
We are working on 2017, but here is the 2016 YPCL Schedule
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-262-1912
Issue and Tactics Sessions led by Youth Groups Working in These Areas …
– Healthy Lifestyles – healthy eating, going green, alcohol and other drug abuse prevention
– Interpersonal Relationships – social media/cyber issues, teen pregnancy, healthy dating relationships
– Diversity/Multicultural Engagement – issues related to race, sexual orientation, gender, immigration status
– Ending Bullying and Youth Violence – gang violence, school to prison pipeline, working for better juvenile justice
– Youth and Adult Power – working together on issues in education and politics
Most of our workshops were led by teams participating in the conference.
Outcomes of recent YPCL Conferences