Do you have a passion for the arts? Are you interested in further developing your leadership skills? If you answered yes to either of those questions…we WANT you! Apply today to be a part of our 2017 WI 4-H Arts Camp Staff!
WI 4-H is looking for youth leaders, 9th through 12th graders (in the fall of 2017) to be part of our 2017 WI 4-H Arts Camp Staff. WI 4-H Arts Camp is for youth in 6-8th grades. It is designed to provide middle school youth the opportunity to explore and develop skills in several different types of art. It is also an opportunity for youth and adults to work together to share their interests and skills in the arts and to support leadership development for youth and adult leaders.
Youth staff are required to be available for planning with other Arts Camp Staff Members by mail, by phone and in on-site sessions: August 26-27 at Camp Upham Woods and Friday, October 6. Camp Dates are Saturday, October 7 – Sunday, October 8. Upon selection there is an $80 fee. The fee covers counselor training and camp expenses.
Application Deadline: July 7, 2017.
ARTS CAMP COUNSELOR AND RESOURCE LEADER APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
***PLEASE NOTE*** The application process has changed from previous years. Please read the following instructions before completing the online application.
- Please read Arts Camp Role Descriptions
- Complete/update your health form in 4-H Online https://wi.4honline.com by the July 7 application deadline.
- Please read the 4-H Online registration instructions at http://4h.uwex.edu/files/2016/09/4HOnline-Registering-For-An-Event.pdf
- Apply in 4-H Online at https://wi.4honline.com by July 7.
The purpose of Arts Camp:
- Encouraging expression and participation in the arts with middle school age youth
- Supporting youth teaching opportunities where they learn to incorporate education, creativity and reflection into the creative process
- Increasing awareness of the arts and participation in the arts at the club level
We are looking for youth to teach and participate in the following areas:
* TEACHING COUNSELORS:
Saturday & Sunday – teach with team members an introduction to a specific arts area in an hour-long session. This session will be taught six times to approximately 15 youth each time.
* ACTIVITIES COUNSELORS:
Saturday and Sunday – plan and organize free-time activities, along with a large-group activity for Saturday evening; lead a group of 15 campers to the different arts sessions.
Youth staff are required to plan with other arts camp staff members by e-mail, by phone, and to participate in on-site sessions.