The downloadable winter 2010 Overview, (PDF) and Overview (presented at All Colleague Conference Oct 22, 2010).
Core Competencies from Wisconsin Homeownership Preservation Education:
- Understanding benefits and responsibilities of owning a home
- Knowledge of how basic repairs and maintenance can help preserve the functionality and value of a home
- Developing a familiarity with budgeting and tracking key information needed to manage personal finances related to owning a home
- Understanding the importance of property insurance and property tax payments for the preservation of homeownership
- Knowledge of how mortgages work, what happens in default on a mortgage in Wisconsin and what to do when default is imminent.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring a mortgage and the alternatives for paying off or refinancing a mortgage loan.