What are the expectations for my child and how will they stay safe? – Review our orientation information that will cover our expectations of youth and adults as well as safety information.
- If your child is attending camp, please review our youth expectations (not required to sign and return)
- If you are attending as an adult chaperone, please review our adult expectations
What should I bring? – see a sample packing list
How do I get to Upham Woods? – plan your trip out here
Located just 2 miles north of Wisconsin Dells, Upham Woods is 310 acres of beautiful mixed deciduous/coniferous forests and sandstone formations right on the Wisconsin River.
Whether your child has never been to Upham Woods, or wants another chance for an amazing Upham Woods camp experience, we’re here to make a memorable summer.
Why go to camp?
Studies have shown that going to summer camp helps youth grow in areas such as self-confidence, independence, making friends, exploring and learning new activities. Even for a short time period, time spent at camp can benefit a child all the way through adulthood. To read some studies highlighting the benefits of camp click on this link.
Open Enrollment Summer Camp 2017
Come spend an amazing 4 days at Upham Woods! Whether canoeing, ecology exploration, or singing around a campfire your child is sure to have a blast. Scroll through all of our camp information below or download our information here: Camp Packet. To see some of the activities your child might participate in at Upham Woods, click here
- Session 1: Saturday, June 10th – Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
- Arrival: 2:30pm-3:30pm on Saturday, June 10th.
- Departure/Pick up: 11am on Tuesday, June 13.
Campers learn about the natural world, themselves and each other in our traditional summer camp program. Camp activities include hiking, canoeing, archery, swimming, our low element challenge course, and so much more. The traditions of summer camp and unique qualities of Upham Woods combine for an unforgettable experiences.
- Camper Registration is FULL; please contact Upham Woods if you’re interested in being added to a waiting list.
- Youth Counselors and Adult Chaperone Registration is open
- Session 2: “Island Explorers” Saturday, August 5th – Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Participate in our themed summer camp for 2017: Island Explorers. Campers will stay in cabins on site at Upham Woods and spend the days exploring Blackhawk island, a 200 acre island in the Wisconsin River. Campers will also participate in traditional camp activities. Spend extended time on Blackhawk island, Hike a variety of trails, canoe along the shore and stop along the way. A unique experience for first time or returning Upham campers.
- Camper Registration is open
- Youth Counselors and Adult Chaperone registration is open
- Campers currently in 3rd – 6th grade
- Youth Counselors needed age 14-18, must be enrolled in 4-H.
- Adult volunteers. We are seeking adult volunteers, who are currently enrolled as 4-H volunteers or are interested in doing so, who want to help provide a safe and memorable camp experience for youth.
- Youth Counselors (age 14+) and Adult volunteers needed for both sessions.
- $180/camper, $30/counselor, Adult volunteers attend at no cost. Financial Aid Application
- How do I sign up?:
Open Enrollment Outpost River Trip 2017
A trip for the adventurous! Your child will spend a week traveling along the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and at night camping along the banks.
- When: August 8-12, 2017 (LIMITED SPACE! Maximum enrollment 12 youth)
- Age: 14-18 years old
- Cost: $200 per camper Financial Aid Application
- Current 4-H Members Register at 4-H Online
- Non 4-H members please complete our Camp Registration Packet and select outpost
If you are 14-18 years old, in 4-H, and want to help provide an amazing camp experience we’re looking for you! To make this fantastic summer camp possible we need camp counselors who want to expand their leadership skills, build their resume, and spend time in the beautiful outdoors while providing a great experience for the campers. If you are interested, please sign up at 4-H Online as well as fill out the Upham Woods Open Camp- Counselor Application. Any interested counselors must attend a summer camp counselor training with their county or with Upham Woods. Limited spots available so make sure Upham Woods is in your summer plans! Click here to learn about the value of being a counselor.
Attention Adult Volunteers:
If you are over 18 years of age and would like to help make camp great then Upham Woods could use your expertise! Take the opportunity to attend camp with your child, 4-H club, scout troop, youth group, or anything else! Any interested volunteers can register on 4-H online.
Adult Volunteers attend Open Enrollment Camp at Upham Woods for NO cost!
Adult volunteers must be a registered 4-H volunteer.
While camp is immensely beneficial to youth, we’re aware that price can be an issue. As such, we have a limited amount of scholarships available to help offset the cost. Please contact Max Myers at Max.Myers@ces.uwex.edu or give us a call at (608) 254-6461 to discuss further steps if you are interested.
Questions? Contact Program Director Max Myers at Max.Myers@ces.uwex.edu or give us a call at (608) 254-6461