Professional Development and Educator Training Opportunities
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center occasionally offers adult trainings and workshops for teachers, educators and youth leaders on a variety of topics, including: Wilderness First Aid, Master Naturalist Instructor Training, Projects Wet/WILD/Learning Tree and Early Childhood, Leopold Education Project, digital technology and experiential education programming, and others. Check back for upcoming adult education workshops or contact us at (608) 254-6461 if you have questions about upcoming training and workshop events!
Wisconsin Master Naturalist Volunteer Training Course
- What is is all about? Upham Woods will be working in partnership with Wisconsin Master Naturalist to provide education, training, and service opportunities for adult volunteers who are passionate about conserving the state’s natural resources.
- Where: At Upham Woods and field trips to nearby conservation organizations
- When: Check back here for dates for this program in Fall 2017!
- Course Fee: $250
- More questions? Give us a call at (608)254-6461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peanut Butter Mountain Team Building Challenge Course Facilitator Training
Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center occasionally offers facilitation workshops for our team building challenge course, enabling participants to lead Peanut Butter Mountain sessions at Upham Woods for one year; yearly refreshers are required as are current First Aid and CPR certifications. Trainings cover the goals and standards of challenge courses, policies and safety procedures for Peanut Butter Mountain and group processing methods. Participants also learn group initiative games and participate in Peanut Butter Mountain elements.
Current Peanut Butter Mountain Training Dates available:
- Monday, April 17 @ Upham Woods. 9am-4pm
For more information, to register for a training, or to request a training day for your group contact email@example.com or call (608) 254-6461.
DOTS Training Events cover the basics of DOTS Kits tool use, background history of the program, and teaching methodology for the kits. They are minimum six hours long and include tool use, data collection and presentation about the background, methodology and DOTS tools. For approximately 10 participants, the cost of a training is $150 plus round trip mileage to and from Wisconsin Dells ($0.54/ mile). This cost includes two DOTS kits and one Upham Woods staff member. Additional kits can be requested for training events at $25 per kit.
If your organization is interested in hosting a DOTS Training, follow this link to the DOTS Lending Interest Form and indicate that you have not received a DOTS Training. You will then be able to request a training; an Upham Woods staff member will be in contact with you with further scheduling details.
- For questions, please contact Justin Hougham, 4H-YD Environmental Education Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org