Naturalist Spotlight: Corinne Schuh

Hello! My name is Corinne Schuh and I am starting my first season as a Teaching Naturalist at Upham Woods. I am originally from Kennan, WI which is a little village in the northwoods.  I graduated in December 2016 from the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point with a  Bachelor of Science in Natural Resources: Wildlife Ecology: Information and Education with a minor in Captive Wildlife.

Growing up I was involved in 4-H for as long as I can remember, exploring the outdoors and going on canoeing and skiing expeditions. As I got older, I had the honor of becoming a 4-H camp counselor for four years. This was exciting because I finally got to provide children with activities that engaged them in exploring the environment. Shortly after I found my passion for educating the public through educational programs to help them understand the importance of conservation of wildlife and their ecosystems. This led me to interning at Wildwood Wildlife Park in Minocqua, WI and Squam Lake Natural Science Center in Holderness, NH. During these internship I loved getting to see the joy on the children’s faces during close up live animal interactions. In the future I would like to work at a facility that provides education to the public to ensure the protection of wildlife and their surroundings.