We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
Latest Updates RSS
- Planting into cover crops in 2016 - Dane County - 04/29/2016
The planting season is well under way in Dane county and reports are starting to come back about planting into cover crops. Most of the reports are good,...
From: Cover Crops in Wisconsin
- Use of the Captive Bolt for Euthanasia - 04/28/2016
Most individuals who work with large domesticated livestock will encounter situations where an animal is unlikely to respond to treatment favorably. The...
From: Dairy Extension Resources
- Selecting Replacement Heifers Based on Birthdate and Age of Dam - 04/27/2016
Two research studies at the University of Nebraska by Dr. Rick Funston, beef reproductive physiologist at the West Central Research and Extension Center,...
From: WI Beef Information Center
- Temperature Management in High Tunnel Vegetable Production - 04/26/2016
Every crop has specific cardinal temperatures at which growth and development are best. Plants can tolerate temperatures above or below these cardinal...
From: Douglas County Local Food
- Hay Market Report 04-25-2016 - 04/25/2016
FULL REPORT previous HAY MARKET REPORTS
From: Team Forage
- 1-on-1 Technical Assistance Available for Fresh Produce Farmers - 04/25/2016
Interested in one-on-one assistance with developing a food safety plan for your farm, and/or preparing for a Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) audit? Have...
From: Community Food Systems
- What’s Standing Alfalfa Worth in 2016? - 04/21/2016
One of the challenges in coming up with a value for standing hay is the lack of daily commodity market pricing like corn and soybeans. Another challenge this...
From: Fond du Lac County Extension Agriculture
- s. 100.47 Sales of Farm Equipment - 04/06/2016
100.47 Sales of farm equipment. Wis. Stats (1) Definition. In this section, "farm equipment" means a tractor or other machinery used in the business of...
From: Agricultural Vehicles on the Road
- Home - 02/01/2016
[wooslider keyboard_nav="true" mousewheel_nav="true" playpause="true" pause_on_hover="true" slide_page="home" slider_type="slides" limit="6"...
From: Dane County Agriculture
- Midwest Rural Energy Council - 10/16/2015
Midwest Rural Energy Council The Midwest Rural Energy Council is a membership organization whose mission is to support outreach, education and research on...
From: Midwest Rural Energy Council