We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
Latest Updates RSS
- 7 Habits that Minimize Labor Issues - 09/22/2016
Labor issues are becoming more common on Wisconsin dairy farms as operations become larger and family labor becomes smaller. A few years ago, Latino workers...
From: Dairy Extension Resources
- Speakers 2017 - 09/21/2016
Speakers to be announced soon... check back later.
From: Wisconsin Dairy & Beef Well-Being Conference
- Stuck in the Mud? Safe Towing Practices - 09/20/2016
After the fourth wettest summer on record, heavy rains are hampering the start of the harvest season. Getting equipment stuck in the mud is a frustrating...
From: Agricultural Safety & Health
- Cover Crops for Agency Staff Meeting - 09/19/2016
These meetings will be for agency staff (UWEX, LWCD, NRCS, DNR, WTCs, etc.) from around the state to talk about the current and best recommendations for...
From: The Dane County Extension Connection
- Working Successfully with a Custom Operator - 09/17/2016
Working Successfully with a Custom Operator Joe Stellato and John Biese, Crops and Soils Agents Shawano and Outagamie County UW-Extension,...
From: Team Forage
- Grant Programs And Financial Options For Farmers & Food Entrepreneurs - 09/17/2016
Are you looking for ways to develop your innovative agricultural business? Join us for a workshop designed to help you identify whether grants or other...
From: Community Food Systems
- Is Your Truck and Trailer Ready to Transport? - 09/16/2016
This time of the year we see an increase in the number of cattle hauled in trucks and trailers. Cattle are brought home from outlying pastures, Calves are...
From: WI Beef Information Center
- Fall Garden Care - 09/12/2016
Fall may seem like the end of the planting season but there are still many good projects to work on. In this article we will talk about planting garlic, how...
From: Douglas County Local Food
- Silvopasture walk - 09/09/2016
The Lancaster Agricultural Research Station will host a pasture walk of its newly established silvopasture trial on Thursday, September 29th, from 10:00am to...
From: Wisconsin Sustainable Agriculture
- CWAS April 2016 Newsletter - 03/28/2016
Here is the April CWAS newsletter. CWAS newsletter April 2016
From: Central Wisconsin Agriculture Specialization