We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
Latest Updates RSS
- August 2015 Dairy Situation & Outlook - 08/28/2015
Professor Bob Cropp’s August 2015 Dairy Situation & Outlook full report is now available for download at UW Understanding Dairy Markets. Also, for...
From: Dairy Extension Resources
- Beef Cow/calf Workshop Slated for September 14th near Elkhorn - 08/28/2015
A UW-Extension Beef Cow/Calf producer meeting is being offered to producers of all sizes and the agriculture professionals who service their operations. The...
From: WI Beef Information Center
- Corn Silage Moisture Testing Aug 25th Results - 08/27/2015
Eighteen samples were submitted for moisture analysis through the UW-Soils & Forage Analysis Laboratory on August 25th. Results are as follows: Use 0.5%...
From: Fond du Lac County Agronomy
- Results of the 2015 Wisconsin Winter Wheat Foliar Fungicide Trial - 08/26/2015
Damon Smith, Extension Field Crops Pathologist, Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin-Madison As we head into the 2015/16 Wisconsin winter...
From: WISCONSIN FIELD CROPS PATHOLOGY
- Hay Market Report - August 21, 2015 - 08/25/2015
FULL REPORT previous HAY MARKET REPORTS
From: Team Forage
- SARE Grants Presentation with Q&A - 08/24/2015
The USDA SARE program is currently funded at $22.7 million per year nationally, and since 1988, has funded over $6 million to Wisconsin. Currently, there are...
From: Wisconsin Sustainable Agriculture
- 2015 Spooner Sheep Day Program planned for August 22 at the Spooner Agricultural Research Station - 08/21/2015
The 2015 Spooner Sheep day will be the 63rd consecutive, annual sheep field day held at the Spooner Agricultural Research Station. The event will run from...
From: Wisconsin Sheep and Goat Extension
- Take Action Now to Prevent Silo-Filler's Disease - 08/21/2015
Soon forage harvesters will be rolling and loads of chopped corn being place in upright or horizontal silos or silage bags. As chopped corn is ensiled, silo...
From: Agricultural Safety & Health
- Irrigation System Testing - 08/11/2015
Irrigation Testing: Both uniformity and pump/well testing should be performed on an irrigation system every 2-3 years to uncover maintenance issues that can...
From: Understanding Crop Irrigation
- Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grants Available - 08/04/2015
Proposals for Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin grant-funded projects are now being accepted from individuals, groups, businesses and organizations involved in...
From: Community Food Systems