What Strengthening Families Program for Parents and Youth 10-14 can do for parents and families …
- You and your child can enjoy each other more.
- Your family can have more fun, and solve problems and arguments more easily.
- You can learn how to set and stick to appropriate rules and limits for your child.
- You can learn more about changes and challenges your child goes through in their teen years.
- You can feel even more positive about your teen.
- Your child will be less likely to use alcohol, tobacco or other drugs in the near future.
- Your child will be more likely to communicate better with you.
- Your child will be better equipped to resist peer pressure.
- Your child will be more likely to become or stay involved in school and have better grades.
Parent sessions consist of presentations, role-plays, group discussions, and other skill-building activities.
- Using Love and Limits
- Making House Rules
- Encouraging Good Behavior
- Using Consequences
- Building Bridges
- Protecting Against Substance Abuse
- Using Community Resources
Family sessions use specially designed games and projects to increase family bonding, build positive communication skills, and facilitate learning to solve problems together.
- Supporting Goals and Dreams
- Appreciating Family Members
- Using Family Meetings
- Understanding Family Values
- Building Family Communication
- Reaching Our Goals
- Putting It All Together and Graduation