Order your Spring Plants Now!
2015 Native Plant Sale
Grown from native seed stock, these individually potted plants combined with our diverse species selection make them a great choice for native plant sales, resale or container transplanting.
2015 MMSD Rain Garden Plant Sale
Announcing the 2015 MMSD Rain Garden Plant Sale opening tomorrow! Again, MMSD has partnered with the Graham-Martin Foundation and Agrecol to provide rain garden plants at up to 50% off retail price. Since the program started in 2006, over 30,000 rain garden plants have been sold!
The purpose of this website is to help connect community members with photos and information regarding one of the most earth-friendly practices fighting runoff pollution- Rain Gardens! By definition, a rain garden is a garden that uses native landscaping to soak up rainwater coming from your downspout or drainage system.
View an educational video on Rain gardens HERE!
The benefits provided by rain gardens:
- Increasing the amount of water that filters into the ground, which recharges local and regional aquifers
- Helping protect communities from flooding and drainage problems
- Helping protect streams and lakes from pollutants carried by urban stormwater- lawn fertilizers and pesticides, oil and other fluids that leak from cars, and numerous harmful substances that wash off roofs and paved areas
- Enhancing the beauty of yards and neighborhoods
- Providing valuable habitat for birds, butterflies, and many beneficial insects
Interested in ordering a Wisconsin Rain Garden Educators Kit?
Click HERE to download the order form!
Already have a Rain Garden?