To the South East Wisconsin Rain Garden Resources website!
The purpose of this website is to help connect community members with photos and information regarding one of the most earth-friendly practices fighting runoff pollution- Rain Gardens! By definition, a rain garden is a garden that uses native landscaping to soak up rainwater coming from your downspout or drainage system.
View an educational video on Rain gardens HERE!
The benefits provided by rain gardens:
- Increasing the amount of water that filters into the ground, which recharges local and regional aquifers
- Helping protect communities from flooding and drainage problems
- Helping protect streams and lakes from pollutants carried by urban stormwater- lawn fertilizers and pesticides, oil and other fluids that leak from cars, and numerous harmful substances that wash off roofs and paved areas
- Enhancing the beauty of yards and neighborhoods
- Providing valuable habitat for birds, butterflies, and many beneficial insects
Interested in ordering a Wisconsin Rain Garden Educators Kit?
Click HERE to download the order form!
Already have a Rain Garden?