This website is here to connect you with photos and information regarding one of the most earth-friendly practices for managing storm water- Rain Gardens!
Rain Gardens are shallow dug depressions or bermed areas, often planted with native vegetation, designed to soak up rainwater coming from a downspout, driveway, patio or other source of runoff.
View a video on Rain gardens HERE!
Rain Garden Benefits:
- Increasing the amount of water that filters into the ground, which recharges local and regional aquifers
- Helping protect communities from flooding and drainage problems
- Helping protect streams and lakes from pollutants carried by urban stormwater- lawn fertilizers and pesticides, oil and other fluids that leak from cars, and numerous harmful substances that wash off roofs and paved areas
- Enhancing the beauty of yards and neighborhoods
- Providing valuable habitat for birds, butterflies, and many beneficial insects
Already have a Rain Garden?