Working alongside other community partners to implement the Safe & Healthy Food Pantries Project is recommended. This team approach may come in the form of a local food resource/food pantry network, hunger prevention taskforce, or healthy living coalition. A team approach may also engage critical community partners along the way to support the implementation of your action plan.
Examples of partners you might consider engaging to support your efforts include:
- Community Action Programs agencies
- Your county UW-Extension office and Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program representative
- Local dietitian
- Community hospital or clinics
- Local university or technical college
- Pk-12 schools
- Local businesses such as grocers, fitness centers, banks, etc.
- Public health department
- Social and human services department
- Farmers and community gardeners
- Food bank