All parents use a mixture of parenting styles. Parents who combine love, limits, and respect with consistent, fair expectations have been shown to have the best outcomes for their kids. How can you parent with care, discipline, and respect?
Read the fact sheet:
- English – Parenting Styles (PDF, 2 pages, 509 KB)
- Español – Estilos de crianza (PDF, 2 pages, 526 KB)
- Allen, Rose & Joan Sprain (2014). Parenting Styles. Retrieved from http://www.extension.umn.edu/family/partnering-for-school-success/modeling/parenting-styles/
- DeBord, Karen. (2005). Guiding Your Young Children. Retrieved from http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/fcs/pdfs/fcs456.pdf
- LeFebvre, Joan. (2004). What’s your parenting style? Retrieved from http://parenting.uwex.edu/parenting-the-preschooler/documents/Your%20Parenting%20Style.pdf