Contact: Jenny Vanderlin, Center for Dairy Profitability, firstname.lastname@example.org , 608-263-7795
Farm women from Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Calumet Counties, and the surrounding area are invited to attend the Heart of the Farm-Women in Agriculture Conference to be held April 10 in Kiel at the Millhome Supper Club.
The Heart of the Farm-Women in Agriculture conference series is a University of Wisconsin-Extension program that is committed to addressing the needs of farm women by providing education on farm business topics, connecting them with agricultural resources and creating support networks. The conference will be held on April 10, 2014, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This conference provides women with the opportunity to network with other farm women; learn about communicating across the generations, managing stress and crop insurance; and discovering profitability from the Schedule F. Participants will hear from a panel of farm women how they balance work, family and personal priorities.
Topics and presenters include:
– Communicating Across the Generations: Teri Zuege-Halvorsen, UW-Extension Manitowoc County
– FSA Programs: Marilyn Lentz, FSA, Manitowoc County
– Managing Stress: Dr. Renee Stauffacher and Chrissy Athorp, Intun ChircoCare
– Chair Massages given throughout the afternoon
– Discovering Your Profitability From Your Schedule F: Nate Splett, Emeritus, UW-River Falls
– Life and Work Balance in the Field of Agriculture Panel: Jennifer Meyer, Badgerland Nutrition, Chilton, WI, Angie Ulness, Ragnar Holsteins, Valders, WI, Katie Grinstead, Vir-Clar Farms, Fond du Lac, WI
Registration for the workshop is $20 per person. Millhome Supper Club is located at 16524 Lax Chapel Road, Kiel WI. The conference is sponsored by UW-Extension Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, and Calumet Counties. For more information, brochure, or to register, contact UW-Extension agriculture agents Tina Kohlman, Fond du Lac and Sheboygan Counties, email@example.com, 920-929-3180; Eric Ronk, Calumet County, firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-849-1450; Scott Gunderson, Manitowoc County, email@example.com , 920-683-4168; or Jenny Vanderlin, Center for Dairy Profitability, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608.263.7795.
The brochure can also be viewed online at http://www.uwex.edu/ces/heartofthefarm/conferences/documents/HOF14Kielbrochure.pdf
Heart of the Farm is supported by the UW- Center for Dairy Profitability; UW-Extension Fond du Lac, Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Calumet Counties; Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board; and partially funded by a USDA Risk Management Cooperative Agreement.