Men’s and Women’s Health
Nutrition information for all adults: MyPyramid
Diagnosing Testicular Cancer (Provided by Cancer.org) Men who develop lumps, swelling, or pain in the groin or scrotal area may be worried they have testicular cancer. Here we describe the symptoms of testicular cancer and some other problems that may cause symptoms in this part of the body. Visit the website provided above to learn more
- Men’s health: preventing your top 17 threats
- Men’s Health Center- Milwaukee
- The City of Milwaukee Health Department offers a one-stop shop for Milwaukee’s men, where they provide assistance and referrals for a broad range of issues, from blood pressure to housing. The Men’s Health Center provides resources to help men access assistance and live longer lives.
- Male Health Forum
- MHF is a forum that allows for interactive learning. The site includes tips on healthy living, statistics on male health, everyday living advice, as well as an online gym forum! A plus of MHF is that you can personalize the website according to your age. If interested in promoting healthier living, check out this website.
The Office on Women’s Health (OWH) was established in 1991 within the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Our vision is to improve the health and sense of well-being of all U.S. women and girls. We accomplish this by leading and coordinating the efforts of all the HHS agencies and offices involved in women’s health. We create and sponsor innovative programs that focus on the health of women and girls and educate physicians, dentists, researchers, therapists, nurses and other health professionals. Our publications, websites (womenshealth.gov and girlshealth.gov), and special programs and events reach out to you, the public. We work to educate and motivate people to live healthier lives by giving them trustworthy, accurate health information.
Heart disease is the number one killer of women.
- Learn how you can get the word out to women about their risk for heart disease.
- The Heart Truth®- ® The Heart Truth is a registered trademark of HHS
Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation: Their mission states, “The Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation helps Wisconsin women and their families reach their healthiest potential. (Goals include:) To reach all Wisconsin women with the information, opportunities and support they need to be healthy. To encourage women to become advocates for their own health, and to improve the overall quality of life for women and their families.” Visit their website for more information!
- Breast Cancer: The center for disease control states: “Aside from non-melanoma skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women. Breast cancer is the number one cause of cancer death in Hispanic women. It is the second most common cause of cancer death in white, black, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Alaska Native women.” Please Visit Susan G. Komen’s website to learn more.