Qualifying for Wisconsin State Fair
The Wisconsin State Fair is an additional opportunity for youth 12 to 19 years of age as of January 1st to show dairy. Fond du Lac County dairy youth are selected through the 4-H Dairy Committee based on their participation in county-wide meeting events, volunteer service and quality of their animal. In order to qualify to show at Wisconsin State Fair as a Fond du Lac County Dairy Youth, youth must meet the following requirements:
- Must have shown dairy at the Fond du Lac County Fair the previous two years (including current year).
- Complete educational activities requirements as listed on the activity card:
- Complete 2 hours of volunteer service
- Attend a minimum of one fitting/showmanship workshop
- Participate in a minimum of one dairy educational activity
Youth in their last year of showing are not required to fulfill the educational requirement. Activities not listed below must be pre-approved by a 4-H Dairy Project Committee Member. For a complete listing of approved events and dates, please visit: http://fyi.uwex.edu/fdldairyyouth/.
- Bring all possible animals for selection to show at state fair to “ Round Up ” held in May
Wisconsin State Fair Jr. Dairy Show
For entry information and deadlines regarding the Wisconsin State Fair Jr. Dairy Show, please visit http://wistatefair.com/competitions/junior-livestock/.
For more information regarding qualifying as a Fond du Lac County Dairy Youth for the Wisconsin State Fair Jr. Dairy Show, please contact Fond du Lac County’s State Fair Coordinator Sarah Loehr at 608.792.7013 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.